Running any type of business aimed towards providing services to people carries a certain degree of liability and risks. In the case of moving companies – this notion becomes even more relevant since it is your job to handle others’ possessions. Whether they are conducting a household or an office relocation, movers remain responsible for the items they are transporting and handling. And this means that there is a virtually constant risk of damages. However, there are numerous ways movers can prevent costly property damage and avoid subsequent issues regarding liability, bad customer reviews which will hurt your company’s reputation – and damage claims, which can have a financially detrimental effect.
Convenience and safety are the reasons people hire movers in the first place
And this fact alone carries a great deal of responsibility. One of the most important tasks of your company is to make sure the client’s property will remain in immaculate conditions throughout the move. Actually, for many people getting ready to move, it is the fact that movers are there to ensure the safety of their belongings that helps them opt for hiring professional assistance in cases when they are still on the fence about paying for such services. Lately, being able to use a website quote calculator has helped people know the expenses of relocation in advance. It also helps companies know how much profit they can expect from a moving job. And neither side wishes to lose more due to unwanted damage.
Basically, moving companies that make an effort to prevent costly property damage are simultaneously ensuring their clients remain protected and satisfied with the services they are paying for.
Several techniques used by movers to prevent costly property damage
There is more to running a moving business than simply transporting items from point A to point B. There are ample ways professional movers can prevent costly property damage. But one of the most efficient tactics is to make sure that the appropriate equipment is being used at all times.
Using specialized packing materials
This might be the most effective way to prevent transported items from getting damaged. All movers ought to use particular protective materials. These include:
- Bubble wrap – which provides a cushion for pieces that might end up getting scratches or dings unless properly wrapped.
- Plastic wrap – helps to keep any moving parts of furniture in place. A drawer sliding out of a desk is an easily preventable mishap that might cause unnecessary damage.
- Specialty boxes – there is a number of items around a home or an office that require boxes designed to protects them. Having access to the right kind of moving boxes is essential to keep items safe and damage-free.
- Moving blankets – for heftier and expensive pieces of furniture that must be treated with the utmost care, moving blankets are an excellent choice. There are cases wherein a simple bubble wrap will not provide a sufficient amount of protection.
Dismantling larger and bulkier pieces
In order to keep larger pieces of furniture or equipment from getting damaged, a moving crew should take the pieces apart. This implies one of the crucial factors for movers who wish to prevent costly property damage: having an experienced and trained moving crew. A team of skilled and well-trained workers will know how to neatly disassemble and reassemble items without causing any harm or damage.
Using appropriate equipment, ramps, and dollies
A well-equipped moving company that comes prepared to get the moving job done without taking risks uses dollies and ramps. This is a way for movers to prevent a great deal of damage; no matter how skilled a crew you have working for your company. Moreover, your team will definitely impose a better image and inspire confidence. Keep your company’s fleet repaired and equipped. The road towards a safer, damage-free relocation is through being thoroughly prepared for the job.
- It is very important to have experienced workers handling big pieces that go up on the dolly. Mishandling this process could lead to unnecessary damage to both the item and the dolly.
Keeping vehicles in pristine conditions and items secured during the transport
Lastly, moving vehicles are the most important parts of moving equipment. A moving truck is what represents your company, along with a team of movers. This is why it’s vital to keep it well-maintained, clean, and safe. Naturally, it is more than common for items to shift and move during transport. In order to avoid this, a moving crew should make sure they properly secure every item and put it in place before moving.
- Any honest mover out there will admit that there is always some sort of shifting that can occur in the moving truck. This is why movers insurance is so important.
Turn to contemporary solutions to ensure a safer a smoother workflow
In order to achieve a better overall workflow, thus enabling more attention to details and fewer accidents – movers should turn to contemporary options. There are various moving software solutions companies can opt for in order to streamline their activities. This way, a company will ensure a more efficient functioning; subsequently, as an owner, you will be able to pay more attention to safety measures and save resources you can then invest in better equipment or employee training.
- Look into generating leads for movers online. Save on attracting customers and expand your business through online options.
- Improve workflow automation. Use the time you save to consider ways to prevent costly property damage by improving your employees’ skillset.
- And finally, movers’ job is in the field – use field services management software to enhance your team’s performance.