Think hard about what defines a company in the eyes of a customer. Is it the quality of services you provide? Or is it perhaps the testimonials and reviews you provide from past customers? Well, it’s all this and more. But before all else, it’s the story of your company – why you do what you do and what drives you. In other words, the very first you should focus on is the background of your company. And this is what you would usually consider as the About Us page. So, if you truly want to experience the development of your moving company, you need to learn how to create a high-conversion About Us page.
What are the questions you need to ask yourself about your moving company?
Who are these people visiting your About Us page? Most likely, they’re prospective customers considering the purchase of your products or services. They’re trying to determine if they can trust you. They want to peek behind the curtain and see if your company is one they’d like to do business with. They seek answers to questions like these:
- Is this a big company or small?
- Is it a public company, private or family-owned business?
- How long have you been in business?
- Who’s at the helm?
- Where are you based?
- What makes your company stand out from the rest?
- What are your core values and how do they influence your way of doing business?
- Why should I buy from you and not from your competitor?
Answering those questions and more is a tall order, but one you should approach with enthusiasm. After all, this is the one place you can and should sing your own praises. This is your opportunity to tell the world why your company is awesome. But you’ll need to do it tactfully, and that’s the tricky part.
People love an origins story on a high-conversion About Us page
Even if your brand doesn’t have an interesting story, you can still tell one. Just think back on what is that made you want to start your business. If there is one thing you learn as writer, it is that stories can be found everywhere. The way you choose to present a certain background story is the way people will come to appreciate it and connect to it. This is the one of the founding principles of marketing for movers.
- Never be ashamed of your beginnings – use them to your advantage instead. If your original office 9 years back used to be a storage unit, own it and make it a underdog story. The fact is that you’re not the only one with such troubles. And people are more likely to connect to you and your company if they can identify themselves in your story. Unfortunately, our resistance to marketing has becomes so strong that a company needs a personal touch to set it apart.
- Don’t over-write the story. If your company has been here for a few decades, people don’t need to know every detail of it. Focus on what’s most important – how and why it came to be and what it has become today. Filter information accordingly, mentioning those key elements of human interest.
Stick to vocabulary people can relate to
No high-conversion About Us page will contain acronym-infected jargon. To be blunt, it’s cold, neutral, and frankly boring. People don’t like that and rarely stick around to read through the content you present them with. What a moving company such as yours truly needs is for their potential customers to easily understand what it is that they do.
- Write conversationally. There is no best way to write. The style you adopt will depend on your company, but make an effort to write in a way that makes your content, and your site, feel accessible and friendly.
- Don’t name your about page some obscure name like Our Origins or The Adventure. People are looking for a high-conversion About Us page, so give them one. Come up with a name that is too vague and people may miss you completely.
Both people and search engines appreciate colorful content with media
Make your high-conversion About Us page a sight for sore eyes with the use of images, videos, and timelines. When users are interested enough to find out more about your company, this call for certain measures. In fact, it becomes your goal to ensure that they remain on that page for as long as possible. And you can do this with rich content.
For example, what we often provide movers with is the unique Instant Moving Quote Calculator. This is something that can be found on any page and other than extremely practical, it is also adjustable to fit into the design of your website.
- You don’t have to have a photo album with each team member, but we as customers like to visualize the people we employ. It helps people create a story in their mind and see you as the little market next door they love instead of the corporate brand they endure.
- Videos are a great way of entertaining those with particularly short attention spans. Plus, it can sum up the feeling of your company in a matter of seconds or minutes. If you don’t have extensive time or resources in this area, a simple slideshow can be just as good.
Get insight and feedback from others
Don’t be afraid to ask others what makes you stand out as a business. When you have worked somewhere for a long time, it is tough to see your brand the way customers might see it. An objective opinion can help.
- Once you decide on what makes you stand out, be sure to focus your content on it.
- And if it so happens that the feedback you receive is not what you expected and that your company doesn’t stand out, don’t push it. No point in forcing something that isn’t there, right? Instead, re-focus your efforts on your clients and what makes them so unique for your services.
Focus on your audience and customer base instead of yourself
Human nature dictates that we are, first and foremost, concerned with our own problems. Yes, we have moments when we contribute to our environment – through volunteering or charity etc. However, when it comes to online purchases, the only thing that matters is that our needs are met. Remember – there are always more subtle ways to be more customer-orientated if you are not so comfortable with the extrovert approach:
- Focus your opening on the mission of your company. The best way to create a high-conversion About Us page is to demonstrate to your customers from the start that you have their best interest at heart. For us in particular, this is the understanding that we aim to help businesses increase their online presence through extensive and professional SEO services for moving companies.
- Some people have a problem when they have to draw the line between plain boasting and expressing the benefits of their services. In such cases, you can always turn to basic facts and stats. You can start with your affordable estimates or diverse services all the way to the number of moves you handled last year etc. The point here is that no one can argue with figures – they can either accept or not.
Let your customers talk and contribute to your high-conversion About Us page
When you are looking for a new restaurant, dentist or moving company, you don’t really make your decision based on their self-praise, do you? Instead, you rely on those around you for advice and recommendation. So, for you to include several useful and truthful testimonials can do a lot for your About Us page and company profile:
- Be sure to include the customer or client’s full name and any other relevant details. Basically, anything that could add credibility to your testimonials. You could even include photos of your customers because it helps to build trust in your brand.
- No need to be modest – any awards or accreditations you received should be showcased. Whether you were voted as the best entrepreneur in your community for 2015 or are part of a moving industry organization, you should let it be known. Any charitable contributions or organizations you are part of should also be put online – it is an important part of who your company is. Tap into the instinctive human need to seek reassurance from our peers.
Include your address and contact details
A good deal of people is still very cautious when it comes to spending their money online. So, before they decide to do so, they need certain assurances. Once such assurance would be that you are not another fraudulent company looking to scam them for some extra cash.
- To help avoid all these concerns, a moving company is expected to offer the most basic information, such as a proper address. After all, if customers don’t even have your name and address, why would they be willing to do business with you? It doesn’t convey much confidence when you think about it. And if you have nothing to hide or no particular reason not to disclose your location, why do it in the first place?
- Make sure that your contact information is updated and correct. It sounds like an over-statement, but it can end up raising red flags in addition to losing your customers.
- Your contact details should also include social media links and skype details if applicable.
The page reflects your company – never forget that
When you consider the types of pages you can find online, you experience some truly unique examples. Some will have a “top of the line” design, whereas others will be enriched with diverse media or special features. And all this is great in terms of ideas, but it’s worth little if it does not fit in. The moving industry, your company and your website are three entities that you need to synchronize to work together. Only then will you truly have a high-conversion About Us page to work for you.
- Your website does not have to be that visual for you to include certain photos. The only thing you should focus on is that all photos follow the same format throughout your website.Basically, you have to make sure to match the overall theme of your website with the type of photos you incorporate. Maintaining a consistent look and feel can automatically give your brand more authority.
- The same applies to page tone. You must not forget that your website is the end of the journey and not the start. Online visitors read articles, search for terms and answers or go through various social media channels and end up on your website. That being said, you have to make their journey worthwhile. A high-conversion About Us page should be a presentation of everything that your brand is and what makes it so.
Test just how converting your About Us page is
The truth after everything we said here is that there really isn’t a single answer to how a high-conversion About Us page should look like. It’s not like a secret recipe that always works the same for everyone. If this was the case, everyone would have perfect company backstory pages and no one would stand out. And you wouldn’t have this many articles on the topic of the ideal About Us page. You have to remember that this is a work in progress, and as such, you should always look for new ways to improve it:
- Do not allow yourself to be discouraged by making modifications. Do the research, check your analytics in terms of traffic volume, duration of visits and bounce rate. Add new images, make a video, forge some new sentences – whatever you think might work for your target audience.
- Test and ensure that your high conversion About Us page is friendly for all devices. Otherwise, what’s the point in having the perfect page if only a limited number of people will be able to explore it? And this is exactly what will happen if you disregard smartphone and tablet users. So, whether you have a responsive design or a dedicated mobile site, test the performance of the page continually.