If you want to succeed you need to have a strong online presence. This means that you need to invest in a good website. However, hiring expensive web developers may not be an option for moving businesses that are just starting out. That being said, this doesn’t mean that you are out of options. There are many resources out there that you can use to make your own website with little trouble. In order to help you with this, we have decided to make a guide to creating your first moving company website.
1. Choose a domain name
Your domain name is one of the most crucial aspects of your website. It’s the URL you’ll share with existing and prospective customers and advertise on social media. All of the best moving company websites have domain names that have all the necessary information but are also simple.
Simplicity is key. You don’t want your clients to be confused when they see your website URL. In order to prevent this, you should try to make your domain name short, with as few abbreviations as possible. Don’t be confused about top-level domains either. If you are just starting out, you don’t need to concern yourself with this part of domain creation. All you need to know is that it’s the part that comes after your domain name. The .com part.
2. Select a web host
Every website requires a host, which is a server that stores all of your site’s data for public access at all times. You will be unable to host your own website unless you have your own servers. As a result, you’ll need to seek assistance from the third-party website hosting services. That being said, there are a few different options to consider when selecting a web host.
If you do not want to spend a lot of money, shared web hosting is the way to go. This type of web hosting involves sharing a server with other websites. The disadvantage of this method is that the performance will be lower than with other types of web hosting. For example, dedicated hosting is significantly more expensive, but it provides you with your own private server. As a result, you won’t have to share your bandwidth with other websites.
3. Select the way for creating your first moving company website
There are numerous methods for creating a website but we will focus on two of the most common. The first method will be to use a website builder. Website builders are simple to use because they require little if any coding knowledge. They provide various templates for you to use on your page. However, they also handle all of the technical aspects on the back end, such as hosting and security, for you. That being said, website builders, however, have certain downsides.
For example, website builders have some drawbacks. For example, the templates they provide are extremely rigid. This means that you will be limited in your ability to customize your website. Website builders can also be pricy. Therefore, if you are on a budget, you may need to be careful how you spend it.
The second method that you can use for creating your first moving company website is through the use of WordPress. Since WordPress is an open-source platform, you’ll need to have some coding skills in order to use it properly. That being said, if you know a little PHP, the creative possibilities are virtually limitless.
WordPress is the foundation on which you are supposed to build your website. But with this comes a lot more freedom in terms of design and functionality. You will have complete creative freedom. You may use plugins to expand and improve the functionality of your website. But you will also be able to incorporate some of the best moving company software out there. Both website builders and WordPress are good for creating a company website. Therefore choose whichever fits your budget more.
4. Create your essential pages
This may just be the most important part of creating your first moving company website. When you are creating the pages on your website, you are creating what your clients and customers are going to see and interact with. That is why it’s important to get the structure right. The good news is that you can always change and tweak your pages. However, getting it right from the start will save you a lot of trouble down the line.
The main pages that you should focus on are the following:
- Homepage: This is the page that most people will land on when they visit your website. For this reason, you need to keep this page clean and intuitive. On your homepage, you should have an overview of all of your services, a moving quote calculator, as well as a navigation option that will take your clients to other pages on your site.
- About page: This is the page that will have a description of all the services that you offer. In addition to that description, the about page may contain a description of the owner and the reasons behind creating your first moving company website.
- Contact page: This is the page where all of your contact information should be. This means your email address, your phone number, and your address if you have an HQ.
- Blog: This is a page on your website where you will create content related to your area of expertise. Because you are a moving company, this will be a page where you will write about everything related to moving. If you are a new company, writing about how to start a moving company is a fine place to begin. There are, however, numerous other topics you can cover.
With this, we conclude our guide to creating your first moving company website. After you’ve created both the backend and the front end, all that remains is to launch your website. And with that, you’ve taken the first step toward expanding your online presence. Now, you just need to be patient and wait for your clients to come to you.