There comes a time in the working of every company when business is slow and comes to a complete stop. So, what can you do to tackle the situation and come out on top? Simple really – you need to focus on bringing in more traffic to your website. After all, this is the showroom for your company and it is in your best interest for as many people as possible to discover it. Hence the need for customized SEO services for movers. But since you probably don’t have the time to get into all that, we will offer you a shortcut to double your website traffic.
5 tested ways to double your website traffic within a month
Whether you are looking to create a profitable blog or enrich your website with useful content, the end game is the same – website traffic. Good and reader-friendly content will not only attract online visitors but will also gain points with search engines. And all this goes in your favor in the long run.
After all, online traffic is the nutrient that fuels any online business. And unless you are a marketing expert or growth hacker (or work for Movers Development), it might prove difficult to double your website traffic in a short time frame. Now, there are plenty of ways you can boost your traffic online. What we have here are 5 strategies that can make it real easy and simple for anyone to apply:
#1 – A website audit and upgrade is always a good way to start
There is nothing quite like a detailed website audit to help you get everything in order. And a perfect website leads to a sure way to double your website traffic within a month. Online audits contribute to your overall website performance in that they:
- Discover any potential issues that your website might have (from a technical, linking, or SEO perspective)
- Correct those issues, thus giving your site audit score a boost (for which you can use tools like SEMrush)
#2 – Showcase your top 10 traffic-generating blog posts by updating them
Certain posts will always work better than others and this is a fact. Whether the reason for this is the level of optimization, quality of links, appeal to readers, etc. – it makes no difference. The fact is that you should make the most of them.
What is the best way to update those top 10 traffic-generating blog posts?
Once you discover these posts, make sure to upgrade them with fresh content and keywords. This simple step will get you as far as to double your website traffic in no time. Here are some steps to guide you in this process:
- Discover and incorporate more relevant keywords. Take the keywords you already used in the article and research variations that appear in searches. You can update your titles, add more information, images, links, etc.
- Re-write your headlines and subheadings. Maybe they are not optimized for your main keywords or they might not have compelling headlines. All this is important to secure your more click-through rates as well as double your website traffic.
- One thing you should NEVER do is change your URLs while updating any of your old blog posts. Otherwise, you end up with broken links, 404 error pages, etc. And while you’re there, double-check the existing links to ensure all of them are working (this leads to the better overall performance of your website).
- Cheesy one-liner comments and spam words have no place in your content. In fact, they give no value whatsoever to either you or your target audience. And make sure you respond to all comments from readers in a time-sensitive manner.
- Re-purpose your top-performing content. People underestimate how much they can get off of good content as long as they promote it right. And you can re-purpose any article to fit the form of eBooks, infographics, videos, podcasts, etc. This will not only show range but also attract new visitors, thus increasing your website traffic.
#3 – Don’t forget backlink-building on your top content
The number and quality of backlinks a website has to carry a lot of weight with search engine rankings. In fact, it’s nearly impossible to rank in the top 5 pages of search engine results without at least a single external source link. And any SEO expert will tell you the same thing – Google gives priority to good backlinks.
Conclusion – start investing in more backlinks on your top posts and pages if you wish to double your website traffic as fast as possible. There are many ways to generate links towards your top blog posts but we recommend:
- Guest posting on relevant blogs,
- Blogger outreach and
- Email outreach.
#4 – Become a regular on Quora
You are writing and posting high-quality content on a regular basis, but the visitors just don’t seem to becoming. Well, one solution points to Quora and increased activity there. Given that it is a Q&A platform for any topic and niche you can think of, you can find or start topics about pretty much anything. So, no matter what niche you are in, you can find great topics and writers to follow.
Here’s how you can make Quora work toward boosting your website traffic:
- Start writing daily responses to various topics and discussions.
- Comment on other posts that are relevant to the topics you write about.
- Find and exploit questions that are already popular to get more attention to yourself.
#5 – Start doing expert roundup posts and interviews
Expert roundup posts and interviews are always popular and can easily go viral, thus boosting your marketing strategy. Here are a few proven tips to help you get more traffic, social shares, and backlinks from roundup posts and interviews:
- Start reaching out to other industry-related bloggers. Email outreach is one of the most effective ways to build a strong rapport. You can also use it to ask those same bloggers to share your published content.
- Follow all the influencers and well-known bloggers on social media sites. Start sharing and retweeting their stuff as frequently as possible.
- Compile a list of all the expert roundup posts and interviews in your niche with URLs using a spreadsheet. Then, start reaching out to them one by one. Most people will share your content, which can help you get new visitors and leads to your site.